Sorry it’s been a while for a post, but with new job and holidays coming faster than expected, things have been a little chaotic. But! I’m going to do three recipes in one day to make up for it =) SO! here is my newest and most favorite cake recipes.
One Bowl White Cake
2 Cups Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup butter (softened or melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease and flour two 9″ round cake pans or you can make it in a 9.5″x13″ baking sheet as well. I’ve found that if you do make it into a sheet cake, it’s rather thin. But it’s entirely up to you.
2. Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until the batter is smooth. Medium speed for about 3-4 minutes should do the trick.
3. Pour the batter into the cake pan and cook for 30-35 minutes. (you’ll know it’s done when the edges and top are golden brown or you can do the old toothpick test to see when it’s done as well).
4. Once it’s done baking, let it cool to room temperature before you try to remove it from the pan. I tried doing it when it was still warm and it broke into several pieces.
5. Once it’s cool, remove from the pan(s) and enjoy with or without frosting.
What I love about this cake is that it’s very dense. Not super dry, and not too sweet. Pair it with my One Bowl Chocolate Cake, and you’ve got an awesome cake.